Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Bryan,
You don't get as much praise as you deserve, so I'm going to take this opportunity to brag about you a little bit!

One of the many things I find so admirable about you is your ability to balance family life with your busy professional life. Your profession requires a lot of time and energy from you, more than most jobs, I think. Even in Medical School when you had mind-boggling amounts of studying to do, and heavy pressures to perform on exams and evaluations, you always found time to spend with the kids and me. You have amazing perspective that enables you to prioritize your family, school, work, and church responsibilities. I don't ever worry about being neglected because, when you're home, you're "home." And when you're not home, I know you would be, if you could! Our kids are going to grow up with fond memories of working, playing, and laughing with their Dad!

This year, I think we faced our biggest parenting challenge yet when Hannah was in the NICU. I don't know what I would have done without you there to lean on. It is such a comfort to know that I will have your love, support, and perspective through the tough parenting challenges to come. It's a joy to know that I will be able to share the fun and laughter with you as well!

Happy Father's Day, Babe! We are all so blessed to have you!

No comments: