Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome Home, Andrew!

You may have noticed that we've been missing one of our Monkeys this summer. Andrew has been staying with Nana and Papa in Utah for the last six (L-O-N-G) weeks. They've been spoiling him rotten with trips to the movies, swimming, parades, fireworks, HAFB Air Museum, a baseball game, Snowbird, Alpine Slides, mini-golfing, restaurants, rock-collecting, playing with cousins, camping with Uncle Kody, and Lagoon with Grandma and Grandpa Anderson. Andrew has had such a blast; I'm pretty sure he hasn't missed us at all. Nana said it's been the best summer she's ever had!

It was interesting to see how our family dynamics changed while Andrew was gone. We sure missed his witty humor and responsible "big brother" nature. Logan, missing his best playmate, became good friends with Hannah and played with her all the time. It was hard to feel really settled in our new house with one of our kids missing.

Andrew flew home with Nana on Thursday, and we are so glad to have him back! We've sure missed you, Buddy!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I did wonder where he was! Wow, 6 weeks is a long time!

Tena said...

I sure hope you let him come and stay with us again next summer....maybe 4 weeks? It really was a GREAT summer! Thank you Andrew for staying with us. We loved it!

Carissa Poyfair said...

What a fun summer! I super jealous of his summer compared to mine :) Glad he's home though!

Kellie said...

Wow! What a lucky kid! I bet he missed you plenty, though:)