
I wanted to do an Americana theme for my summertime mantel this year, but I didn't really want to spend any money on it, so I "shopped the house" for things I already had. I didn't think I would find much, but I actually surprised myself.
This LIBERTY sign I painted back in my sign-painting days. I used to have an eBay store a couple years back. The star next to it is a Christmas tree topper.

White dishes I already had, picked up from Target and various thrift stores. The apples, books, and star garland were also things I already had.

In my head, I thought this plate said, 4th on it, so I thought it would be perfect (4th of July), but then when I got it out, I realized it said, No. 4. Oh well, close enough.

The big red barn star I've had for a few years. I bought it on a trip to Amish country with my mom to decorate my family room in Ohio. I really like how it looks over the big mirror.
In the end, I did actually end up spending a few bucks on the flags and other small star at Joann's, but they were on sale, so it was still pretty cheap.


And here it is with the mountain of folded clothes I should be putting away instead of taking pictures. Just keepin' it real.
1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment