We are excited for our new little girl to arrive, but it's amazing the amount of preparation that Summer can come up with to be ready for the new baby. We've been continually buying diapers during the past 9 months to the point that we have enough to supply a small army of babies, and we've also stocked up on the formula (Summer has had some seriously horrendous complications from breastfeeding in the past... even requiring surgical drainage of about a cup full of purulent material from an abcess). Anyway, I had figured we were all set. Next thing I know, Summer wanted to turn the guest bedroom into a nursery, so we ended up pulling the bed out, switching it with Andrew's bed, stripping the wallpaper, painting the walls, and filling the room with baby funiture. As soon as we got everything together, she says "the colors don't match very well," and the next thing I know, we've got shelves, dressers, and the crib all packed into the garage for painting. Still, I have to give her credit; she was right along side me with paintbrush in hand helping me every step of the way, even in spite of being 9 months pregnant and ready to burst at any moment. She's one heck of a trooper. The nursery is looking pretty good so far, and hopefully, we'll have everything done by Wednesday, and we'll be posting pictures of the new baby next week.
Also, we wanted to say thanks to all of you who have helped out and given us so many clothes, baby items, gifts, etc. It will make the transition from two children to three much smoother.
6 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys! Let me know if you need ANYTHING! Going from 2 to 3 is a piece of cake!
Hey! Good luck on Thursday and congratulations!!
I am way excited. Let me know if there is anything you need (except diapers I guess!)
Yeah its baby time, I am so pumped for you guys! Let us know if you need anything!
Summer, the yellow is so cute! You are so funny, I love how you power on through the last week with getting prepared! Good girl. Oh and I'm not sure about the ready to pop comment, I'm pretty sure you look 5 months pregnant:) I can't wait to see your beautiful girl!
GOOD LUCK!! How cute a Valentine baby! Please let me know if you need anything! I am glad you liked the coat:)
Post a Comment