Sunday, March 9, 2008

"I'm wearing UNDERWEAR!!!"

Universal Truth #1: Boys are dificult to potty-train! My boys are no exception! When Andrew was FINALLY potty-trained (after several agonizing months), we decided that with our future kids, it would be much easier to just wait until they are ready rather than pushing them when we are ready! Up to this point, Logan has shown absolutely NO interest whatsoever! So imagine my surprise today when he asked to wear underwear after his bath! We had a nice heart-to-heart chat about going in the potty, NOT his underwear, then he even let me set him on the potty just to test it out.
Things were going great, so I dug out a pair of Andrew's outgrown underwear (ew, I know, but what else was I supposed to do? I wasn't going to waste this opportunity!) Logan put them on and looked SO PROUD of himself! He immediately jumped up on Andrew's bed (where he could get a good look at himself in the dresser mirror) and shouted, "I'm wearing UNDERWEAR!!!" I had to get a video of him checking himself out in the mirror!
Five minutes later, he peed on my carpet and asked for his diaper back. Oh well, I guess it was the first step!

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

That's a funny story. I totally agree with waiting until they are ready. We tried at least 3 or 4 times with Olivia until potty training stuck because she just wasn't ready, but we were. Hooray for Logan for wanting to wear underwear though!

Lane family said...

LOVE the pics! Can you just imagine what all of the kids of bloggers are going to think when they are teenagers?! Somehow I don't think they will appreciate it until they have kids of their own! Good luck on the potty front!

Jay said...

Good luck on the potty training I ran into a friend from HS a couple weeks back & she said her little boy (barely 2) that morning had said "I want to go pee in the potty" she took him in & he went. I don't have a update as to how he is doing now, but I wish Randi was that easy, we are working with her on it right now.

Miriam said...

At least he's showing an interest, right? I keep wanting to start Hannah, but I guess she's a little young. I just don't really want to have 2 in diapers! Oh well, what can you do?

Char said...

LOL! Been there, done that! Don't give up, just keep following Logan's lead. His turn will come.
Go glad things seem to be going so great for you and your sweet little family.
Char