Okay, so I stole that saying fom a T-shirt I saw in OBX; I thought it was so funny!

While in OBX, we visited the Wright Brothers Memorial in Kitty Hawk, where their famous test flights took place. It was even Wilbur Wright's birthday on the day we visited, so we got in free! Bonus!

I can see why this place would be perfect for testing gliders an airplanes, there is a nice high hill to launch from (Big Kill Devil Hill), a great stretch of field below the hill, and it's pretty windy up there!

The thing that struck me the most during the visit was how grateful I am for those like the Wright Brothers who have that unbreakable pioneer spirit, who never give up on their vision, no matter what the odds.

1 comment:
I was skim reading in the July 2005Reader's Digest the other day and read soemthing I thought you might appreciate! "Dr. Judah Folkman keeps a reproduction of a 1903'New York Times' article in his archives. In it two physics professors explain why airplanes could not possibly fly. The article appeared just 3 months before the Wright brothers split the air at Kitty Hawk.
...Today more than 100,000 cancer patients are benefiting from the research he pioneered. His work is now recognized as being on the forefront in the fight to cure cancer...'I have come to realize the key is to choose a problem that is worth persistent effort.'"
Post a Comment