Since Logan's latest injury (putting his hand on a piping hot cooking griddle), I've joked with Summer that we could create and publish our very own picture atlas of injuries. From Logan's last week alone, we could show abrasions,

reactive erythema from multible insect stings,
and even partial-thickness burns.

Today, Logan felt it necessary to add "laceration" to the list. He was going up the stairs and his foot slipped on the second-to-last stair on the way up. He fell forward and hit his forehead squarely on the edge of the new tile floor.


The cut was fairly deep (at least deeper than what you can see in the picture), so we decided to take him in to get it stitched up. Fortunately, the wound fit together nicely, so the doc was able to derma-bond it with glue. It actually came together quite nicely, and hopefully won't leave much of a long-term scar.

Anyway, at this rate, I figure I should have enough material for my book by the time I finish residency!
9 comments:
LOGAN!!! Yikes. Thank goodness he's a boy... and scars on a boys face give them character! (at least that's what I tell myself) I am a little surprised that his eyelashes didn't break his fall.
wow. poor kid! still smiling at the end though!
Jiovan has one to match. His is a tad lower, right on the bridge. unfortunately he has quite a scar since they do not have quite the same medical care here in Puerto Rico. Your kids are beautiful!
I can't believe how busy Logan keeps you! I hope next week is better!
Now that is a pretty good one on Logan's face between his eyes......I actually kind of had to laugh! It's OK....our kids have had some pretty good ones as well. Ashlyn once fell on the stairs going out our back door and had a 1" by 1.5" scrape on her forehead that looked pretty good a few years ago. She got some sort of bite if I remember right on her face that puffed her up....and deformed her face really! Jaden got stung by a bee this last weekend and he can now appreciate the lovely experience Logan had.....and be greatful that he only got stung once! - Russ
and I meant GRATEFUL not greatful....you need to get spell check installed on the comment section of your blog! I'm posting this for the whole world to see for crying out loud!!!!! Today found an X Box (not the 360) and 3 games (including Frogger and MX vs. ATV Unleashed) for $34. I just played MX vs. ATV Unleashed and it ROCKS!!!! We have now upgraded from the N64 that is nearly 20 years old.
Wow. I'm a little scared now that Kaylee's mobile and getting more mobile by the minute. . .
Gotta love derma-bond. Noah's scar is barely noticeable (a year ago), from when he ran into the corner of the coffee table. Truth be told, he was dancing with "Dancing with the Stars", and spun and fell over. His was just above his eyebrow. Yeah for boys. . .
Poor kid! Those burns look really painful, not to mention the laceration between the eyes. What a tough cookie!
Post a Comment