Hannah was adorable in her strawberry ruffle-bum swimsuit. 

By far, Logan's favorite place to be was in the Lazy River, riding a noodle. This face says it all! He was so proud of himself! He kept shouting to me, "I'm doing great! I'm doing great!"
Logan also liked getting soaked on the Spray Ground!
Andrew was thrilled to relinquish his life jacket to his little brother! Now that he can touch the bottom in the "big pool," he wanted NOTHING to do with the "baby pool!" Here he is practicing his cannonballs with his friend, Noah.
Of course, since Andrew only wanted to swim in the big pool, Logan did too. At the beginning of the season, I had a difficult time taking care of three kids, ages 6 months to 6 years, in the big pool. I even got in a little argument with a lifeguard over it (It's a long story; I won't bore you with it). After a week or so, I invested in a Solarveil pouch sling to wear Hannah in. That solved all my problems! It must have been pretty comfy and soothing too, because most days, Hannah would end up fast asleep in the pool!
This was also the first year that Andrew took swimming lessons. He had a really fun time! I was so proud of the way he literally "jumped right in" and wasn't afraid of any challenge his teacher gave him. He even jumped off the diving board into the deep end (9 feet) with no fear! Great job, Andrew! He told me, "Mom, I really think water sports are my thing!" He loved watching the high-divers during the Olympics this summer, and one day he surprised me by doing a front-flip into the pool. "Am I just like those guys in the Olympics?"
Yep, just like them!
Farewell, Thorton Pool! We'll see ya next year!
7 comments:
Wow Summer, I just read about Logan, poor kid! Loved how you got a ton of tomatoes, though! I tried to grow tomatoes on our porch and got 2... and not because the squirrels took them! The Shaker pool looks awesome and I love Hannah's ruffle bum swimsuit!
Holy cow!! That's an awesome pool!! Wish we had that here in South Ogden. I'll bet you had a great summer (the season, not you silly) hanging out there!
Well now I miss Thornton Pool too! After while I got tired of going and making up excuses for Olivia why we couldn't go into the big pool (her AND Jack are really hard together!) but now I miss having something to do and reasons to hang out with everyone. I can't believe Andrew is such a good swimmer. He could be the next Michael Phelps! You totally need to jump on that train!
That pool looks awesome! We love going to the splash park here. Luckily since we're in So Cal, it's open year round! I love the strawberry swim suit...adorable!
So cute! I love the strawberry swimsuit and hat! Logan is so cute. I love that he said I'm doing great. What a brave kid. We love the pool too!
We'll have to try out the pool next year. I was afraid to go this year with the three kids and Emma being so young. Hopefully next year will be easier. Your boys are so cute!
Hey Andrew, I am so excited about how well you are doing with swimming! I think that I will come next summer just so that I can see you swim. I think water sports are your thing too. Love ya lots!
Post a Comment