It was so wonderful to get to spend most of the Christmas season with our family in Utah! We made so many great memories that we will never forget. Eventually, Bryan had to get back to work, so he flew back to Ohio on the 21st, and then the kids and I headed back on the 24th.
Since it was Christmas Eve, and I didn't do any decorating before I left for Utah, I really wasn't planning on any Christmas decorations. I thought maybe I'd get out the nativity set and the stockings, but definitely not the Christmas tree!
.JPG)
It was such a wonderful Christmas gift to come home to a clean, fully decked-out house! It was beautiful and thoughtful. I was so touched that I just stood in the living room and cried! Thanks so much, Babe!
.JPG)
Bryan also surprised me with a print of our new family portrait to go above the mantel. I love it, Babe! Thanks!
.JPG)
Before bed, we read the Christmas story as a family...
.JPG)
...and left cookies and milk for Santa and reindeer food out on the lawn! (Notice there is NO snow! That means we'll have another blizzard for Easter.)
Santa came!!!
.JPG)
.JPG)
Logan got his "big red truck"...
...and Andrew got a huge tool set!
Andrew noticed right away that there was no Wii in the stacks of presents, but he was a good sport about it. When all the presents were opened, we found an envelope with a letter from Santa. It said that Andrew and Logan had been SO good this year that Santa left them a special present in the entertainment center. I bet you can guess what it was...
.JPG)
We had a really great Christmas! Thanks so much to the family members who planned so many fun activities for us and spoiled us rotten!
I feel especially grateful this Christmas season for family! Nothing brings me as much joy as my family!
6 comments:
Welcome back! What a great husband! I doubt the thought would have even crossed Damon's mind to decorate. I loved, loved, loved Andrew's face as he's coming down the stairs. That had to make all of the Christmas shopping worth it. Happy New Year!
I forgot to say that I love your new family picture. You look just gorgeous, Summer!
that was touching all that Bryan did to make Christmas great for you! you guys are inspirational.
the kids enjoyed looking at the pictures and thought the one of Hannah and her Christmas was pretty sweet! they are however, wondering why Santa did not bring them a Wii, when so many of their friends got one. oh boy. we better get a move on.
Sister! I loved having you at home for most of the season! It was such a great blessing. I miss you so much, and so does the whole family. We are so glad you got to come home and also come for the wedding! Thank you so much for your gifts and for your help with everything!! I am so glad that you had such a great Christmas. It sounds like Bryan had a great surprise for you when you got home! That was super nice of him! And as for the WII Spencer and I will be out to play it before too long! :D We love you!
What a sweet husband! Your kids made out really nice this Christmas too. I'm surprised you all found a Wii! I think I'm a little jealous now too... Thanks for the bouncy seat. Madelynn sleeps in it like a pro!
Wow, what a guy!
Post a Comment