As each guest arrived, we taped a Star Wars character to their back. They had to ask each other only 'yes' or 'no' questions in order to guess who they were. Then they got to wear their character on their front.
To test out our Younglings' shooting skills, each one had a chance to sit in the "pilot seat" to try to hit the space ships.
Once they proved their shooting skills, they were asked to save the Universe by destroying the Death Star. (Bryan painted this Death Star, by the way. Awesome, huh?!)
The Padawans had passed all their tests, so they were presented with balloon "lightsabers." For practice, they were told to use nothing but the Force and their lightsabers to keep a balloon from touching the ground...
We ran out of time for the TIE Fighter cakes, so we sent one home with each guest, along with a little Darth Vader backpack ($1.00 at Target!!!), Star Wars goodies, pretzel "lightsabers", and their balloon lightsaber.
9 comments:
-Right about now I am extremely interested in all those chocolate covered scraps, but I am sure there are none left! :)
-I love the picture of Grandma making it all better. That is some serious camera work! :) And the gorgeous picture of the window frame!
-I am sure my kids are wondering if I like fun these days! I feel too busy lately with Russ gone :(
-I read the cool clip about Andrew to the kids. They also LOVED book "The Iron Giant!" When I read that his favorite School Subjects are "PE and Science" all THREE of them yelled, "Me too!" :) (I'm not sure where Cadence is getting her Science classes these days ;).
-That is some serious reading, especially where your kids are so young! Yay for you! I am way impressed! I am also thrilled you posted it! I have been thinking I'll have the courage to do the same! You are pretty much inspirational. ;) I LOVE Goodreads too! I can't figure out how to make the books I read to the kids Show as books I read to the kids, and I am behind on listing the ones we've read! I prob. started chapter books a year ealier, where Jaden is older, so I have read nearly all of those to them too, plus some different ones! We never did read:
"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator." Are those 5/10, 10/10???!! I'll have to call you and ask!
Thanks to You we read "Mr. Popper's Penguins" last year!
"James and the Giant Peach" has been on our list for a couple years now, and we might even get to it! ;) I didn't fall in love with it when I was younger and it was read to me, but it is Such a classic, and this time around I might like it?! I heard the movie is great, but have never seen it.
-Your Christmas looked soooo awesome!
-I am still basking in your visit here! :)
You're amazing. If I have a boy one day I am totally going to steal all of your ideas!
Looks like a great party! I still can't believe the cakes you made - amazing! I love the window picture; it looks like all of our windows.
Alright, I want to write more, but our basement is sooo cold, and my hands are starting to stiffen up!!
WOW. Amazing part, especially the cakes! How nice that your mom was there.
Once again, your birthday party throwing skills blow me away! It looks like another hit! I love the little spaceship cakes. How fun!
Oops, I meant party, not part. I just read my own comment and I was confused. And congrats to Logan on the potty thing!
Wow! I am so impressed with your creativity. I love the pizza the hut, yoda soda and especially those amazing cakes- you are super mom!
Sweet! Can I come to his next Star Wars party???
You guys are so stinkin creative, I love it!!
Post a Comment