Friday, May 1, 2009

Star Wars: The Fondant Strikes Back

As a preface, I just have to say that my wife rocks! She puts a LOT of time and effort into birthday cakes for our children, and I'm continually amazed at how well they turn out. On this one, I had my doubts, but she brought her A-game once again. You're awesome, babe! Here's her sneak peek from a few days ago.

And here's the final product:
Pretty amazing, huh?

You can check out pics for the whole project at Summer's baking blog, including all the details about this cake.

10 comments:

Janelle said...

R2D2?

Joel said...

It's an X-Wing Fighter!

No, no, it's the Death Star!

No, wait! It's the Millennium Falcon!

NO! It's Mithel-1!!!

Meg said...

Summer! YOU'RE CRAZY! I wish I had a teensy bit of your skill. You really should have taught a class... BEFORE I left! Too late now. Rude.

Becky said...

That is INCREDIBLE! I wish so badly that you were here to make one for James!!! (I would totally pay you, of course!)

Michelle said...

wow she is good. I never knew she was a cake baker. That is really a talent. Do you ever watch that show...ace of cakes on the food chanel?? They have some sweet cakes....go summer!

shauni said...

You are amazing! I never would have attempted an R2 cake. Way to go!

Sarah Palfreyman said...

This looks fantastic Summer! Can I hire you sometime? Love the baking blog. What a great mom you are!

Deniene said...

WOW You are amazing!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

your cakes always blow me away! You have some lucky kids!

Justin and Stacey said...

Okay, this cake is amazing!! Holy cow! Way to go