Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ohio Hurricane?

Okay, so it wasn't really a hurricane, but it was a pretty intense storm. Bryan was out working in the yard in the hot sun Monday afternoon, then within 15 minutes the sky went black and it started pouring sheets and sheets of rain. The wind really picked up and started tearing down tree branches everywhere. Within just a few minutes, this huge tree branch across the street fell, taking our power lines with it.
We were without power until early Wednesday morning - 33 hours in the dark!

Here's Bryan clearing trees from our neighbors' yard. What a good guy!

6 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Wow! I miss Ohio storms. They were always so intense with the winds and lightning, but they never took our power out for that long! Glad you survived and remembered to take pictures!

Janelle said...

It may not have been a full-on hurricane, but Ben said that he heard (or read?) reports that said that we did, in fact, have hurricane force winds. Shaker Heights (of course) was the hardest hit area. More than 14,000 people were without power.

Kellie said...

Where were we? I do not remember having a storm. . . . I must be out of it. I'm glad y'all got your power back and that you were all safe!

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Sounds like Shaker Hts was hit a little harder than we were! Going without power for that long is always difficult. I wish I would have known!

You know who said...

Did david (brian) not read the "No Parking sign" when he was putting the tree branch in the road. Maybe its okay to park big trees in the road, just not cars:-}

Becky said...

Wow! Oh, man, 33 hours without power?!