Saturday, August 15, 2009

One Last Summer at Thornton

I've started thinking a lot about how this is our last year here in Ohio and all the "lasts" we have coming up - our last summer (Thorton pool, Kirtland, green trees, fruit picking), last fall (Patterson farms, beautiful fall colors, school year at Lomond, Halloween), last holiday season (Thanksgiving and Christmas with friends, lights at Lake Farmpark), last winter (thank heavens!), last spring , and then we will be moving. Most of these things I'm really going to miss. I'm sad to think of leaving.

We have a great pool here in Shaker, a place where we've kept cool on many hot humid days. The kids love coming to this pool and meeting up with friends from school and church, and I have loved meeting up with my "mommy friends" to socialize (miss you, Carissa!). There is a big fenced-in baby pool (Hannah and Mommy's favorite), spray ground, big pool with diving board and water slides (Andrew's favorite), and a lazy river (Logan's favorite). I think it will be hard to find another community pool quite like this one!
Mommy and Hannah dipping our toes Hannah at the baby pool
LoganAndrew and Logan running through the Spray Ground
Andrew flipping into the pool

Andrew loves the water slides!

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Seriously, I got so sad seeing pics of Thornton Park! That was my main summer hang out for two summers in a row and now I have nothing to do. You will definitely have a hard time finding such an inexpensive and nice pool in the future! This is why I hope you guys get a job out here so I have a mommy friend to hang out with!

Rachel said...

We have missed that pool so much this summer! Cleveland is so great. I remember when it hit me that it was our last year of all the last times we would do things in Cleveland. Time flies so enjoy them!

Marilyn said...

These pics looks so bright and sunny! It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun at the pool this summer... only a few days left before fall starts!

Janelle said...

Agh...I can't believe you're counting down your "lasts" already. That makes me sad.

Maybe next year I'll actually break down and buy a pool pass.

I love that picture of Logan -- what a handsome guy!

Kendrick B said...

Nice blogg thanks for posting