I didn't realize, however, how impossible it would be to find a men's v-neck lime green t-shirt in October. I made a "help-me-Mom-what-am-I-going-to-do" phone call the morning of the ward party. Of course, she saved the day, suggesting I buy a white v-neck mens undershirt and dye it green. Brilliant!!! I bought a shaggy men's wig to complete the ensemble, but Andrew said it made him look like a girl...
...So we ditched the wig for the costume parade at Andrew's school. I'm not sure how recognizable he was when he was when he wasn't standing right next to Scooby, but Andrew seemed satisfied. 
Hannah and Daddy enjoying the costume parade.
Pumpkin Hannah at the ward party.
I think the boys love ward parties because I'm too concerned with keeping Hannah from making a mess that I seldom monitor what they choose to eat there. Here I caught a glimpse of Logan's "dinner": shredded cheese, sour cream, and a handful of candy corn. Yeah, I'm a good mom.
HaHaHa! I loved this costume! When Logan fell asleep in the car and his head bobbed down a little bit, it looked like Scooby was riding in the car with us. 
It was so fun to have Nana here with us for the Halloween festivities. On Halloween morning, she made us pancakes shaped like ghosts, bats, and jack-o-lanterns! They were sure tasty spread with pumpkin butter!
Carving pumpkins with Nana.
Poor Logan was grossed out by the whole pumpkin carving thing, and kept his head down while we scooped out the seeds and pulp. "It's yucky," he announced, "I don't like yucky things!"
5 comments:
Cute costumes! I love the wig although I agree with Andrew about it! I really miss Cleveland fall. The leaves were always so pretty and the weather was always so great. By the way, at our ward party, Jack had cheetos and a sucker and root beer. He and Logan would get along great!
Love the costumes! Love the pumpkins! Logan cracks me up. I really don't enjoy carving pumpkins either. Love you guys!! Miss you!!
Cute costumes!! I love the picture of Logan asleep, he totally looks like scooby! You are a great mom Summer, I think Halloween is just one of the holidays that you look the other way as far as nutrition:)
Such cute costumes! I can't beleive how big your kids are getting! And CONGRATULATIONS on the job in WA! That's SO exciting!!
How fun! I love the Scooby-Do outfit! I agree on ditching the wig, it didn't quite look right. How fun!
Post a Comment