Other things we've been doing this winter:
Baking. Ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls. Yeah, probably the best thing to do in the winter! I've made them a few times this month, and will probably make them a few more times before winter is over. Not good for the New Year's resolutions. Logan helped me make this batch for Andrew's birthday treat for his class.
I drew a basic snowman shape on a piece of construction paper, and then let the kids fill it in.
I happened to have some white glitter, so the kids added a little of that to make their "snow" sparkle!
Finally, when it dried, we added a hat, eyes, and carrot nose cut from construction paper. This project was so easy and such a hit with the kids! Cute R said to me, "Summer, today we are having so much FUN, FUN, FUN!" R and Logan begged to do a second snowman! When three-year-old G finished his (pictured upper left), he turned to me and said, "My snowman melted." So cute!
My Winter mantel. I took down my Christmas decorations pretty quickly after Christmas; I was just ready to move on this year. It was nice to bring back the photos of the kiddos, and the pretty clock was a thoughtful gift from Bryan's uncle and aunt when Russ passed away in December. It contains a sweet saying which reminds us that, "In time, Christ will heal all wounds. In time, we will be together again." Thank you, Kelly and Becky.
I kept the pinecones and tree branches from Christmas, but added some glass icicles for a little sparkle.
I like my decor to be a little more sparse in January. It feels refreshing after all the heavy Christmas decorations.
I know it's still pretty early, but truth be told, I am just itching for Spring! I nabbed these Amaryllis kits in The Home Depot after-Christmas clearance aisle. (I think I need to find some cuter pots to transplant them into.) I love seeing them start to sprout, and they are satisfying my craving for something green and growing. For now...

5 comments:
You are inspiring me to be more productive in these gross winter months. I will totally be trying that snow painting idea!
I like the glass icicles, they are so elegant! It is nice to get back into the swing of things once Christmas is past. I was the same way this year about getting the Christmas stuff down and moving on. It is so refreshing just to get the new year started without dragging out the old! ;)
I love the icicles! And I'd almost forgotten about shaving cream paint!
Those cinnamon rolls look delicious. You are so crafty and I love your decor!
I love reading about all the fun projects you do with your kids. You are such a fun mom! I also love seeing your decorating pictures. Your house always looks so nice. I can't wait to see the bathroom remodel!
Post a Comment