Friday, February 4, 2011

New Beginnings

Tonight was New Beginnings for our ward Young Women. New Beginnings is a program held at the beginning of each year to welcome the incoming young ladies, introduce the Personal Progress program, and get everyone pumped about Personal Progress. With it being close to Valentine's Day, we decided to use the theme, "Fall in LOVE with Personal Progress".
For the refreshments, I made a 3-tiered cake decorated with little hearts in all the YW value colors. The girls introduced the YW values with giant conversation hearts.

Each table was decorated with paper hearts and heart-shaped bowls filled with conversation hearts. We had a great turnout!One of the leaders, Andrea, hand-painted this gorgeous banner on linen (!) to introduce the YW Motto, Logo, and class symbols. It was absolutely stunning!Stephanie made a cute Power Point presentation to teach everyone how to do their Personal Progress online!Some of the girls wrote a hilarious skit about falling in love with "Percy Progress" (a cardboard cutout of Taylor Lautner). They each took turns flirting with/drooling all over him. I laughed my head off! They are just so cute and funny! I love these girls!Our girls are so smart and strong and talented. They make me want to be better in every way! They are also so lighthearted and fun. They do goofy thing that make me think, "hey that's something I would have done as a young woman!" I feel so blessed to get to know them and spend time with them.We ended the night with cake and yummy raspberry punch.

8 comments:

Janelle said...

Very cute! It looks like you have a lot of YW (or at least like they have a lot of parents). Are you the YW president?

B-Hams said...

Summer you always do the best cakes! I can't wait to see this years b day cakes! I am sad I just was released from YW, you make me miss it so much!!! I am glad you are doing well!

Anne Bennion said...

Thanks for taking pictures. It was such a fun night!

Anonymous said...

CUTE CAKE!! You are so talented! I miss being in YW. Seriously so much fun. Love the Taylor Lautner cut out too. Ü

Carissa Poyfair said...

Did you teach yourself how to use fondant? Because I think you should teach me :) It is so cute! Love the theme too!

Rachel said...

Wow what a fun new beginnings program!! Your cake is amazing as usual. I'm pretty sure you just secured your spot as your wards cake maker:)

Steph said...

your cake was a show stopper!--what a fun night :)

Marilyn said...

That is so cool! Ha, I love it!