Thursday, December 27, 2007

Farewell, Noorlanders!




Last week, we had our friends,the Noorlanders, over for dinner and a Christmas cookie decorating party as our last hoorah before their move. I wasn't sure how we were going to get all those cookies decorated, but as you can see, we had some awesome cookie decorators to help us out!
By the end of the evening, we had several delicious treats to eat and even a few "special" cookies set aside for Santa!
Ralae and I have known each other since junior high, and were good friends all through high school (Go KNIGHTS!) We were in several musicals and plays together and sang in all the high school choirs together. After we both got married, I kind of lost track of her. Imagine my surprise when on my first sunday in Cleveland, I saw Ralae and her family sitting a few rows behind us at church! What a comfort it was to have a friendly familiar face there - like a little piece of home! Ralae has truly been one of those "Tender Mercies" that the Lord sent to help comfort me in a strange new place!

Ralae Rampton and Summer Thompson (9th grade - aren't we cute!)

Since then, we have had the pleasure of doing many fun things with the Noorlanders and getting to know Ralae's husband, Jared, and their two beautiful children, Eric and Shalee. They are such a joy to be around! Eric is so sweet, smart, and polite, and Shalee is the most adorable little firecracker with ten tons of personality!
Today, a moving van will be taking them to a great new job and a beautiful new home in Nebraska! Andrew said, "I wish they didn't have to move! They're our friends!" We are sure going to miss them, but we are so excited for all the new adventures awaiting them! We wish you all the best, Noorlanders!

No comments: