Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007

This was our second Christmas here in Cleveland and we were very excited to enjoy some old traditions passed on from our families, as well as begin some new ones...
Christmas Eve... eating breakfast at Cracker Barrel... tracking Santa on his blog and on NORAD... opening new pajamas... leaving cookies and milk for Santa... spreading oats on the lawn for the reindeer... reading the Christmas story together...
On Christmas morning, Bryan and I woke up around 8am, amazed that the kids hadn't gotten up yet. We even tiptoed into their room just to make sure they hadn't gone downstairs without us - but they were still sound asleep! When they finally woke up (I think Bryan and I were as excited as the boys), we went dowstairs together to find that Santa had indeed found our house! We must have been very good this year beacause, boy, were we all spoiled!

Of all the toys, I think the biggest hits with the boys were the RoboSapien from Nana and Papa Thompson, and the Wacky Wigglers building set from Grandma and Grandpa Anderson! (Though I have to admit that Bryan and I have played with the Shake 'N Go Crashway together a few evenings after the boys have gone to bed. That is one fun toy!)

After a leisurely day of playing with our new toys and chating with family on the webcam (I don't think we even got dressed until 3pm!), we enjoyed a yummy dinner of soup and fondue with our friends, the Weights. Later that night, we opened family presents with the Thompsons in Utah via the webcam.
What a great Christmas! This year was especially fun because Andrew was old enough to really get excited about Santa... and Logan just does whatever Andrew does! Bryan and I had such a blast watching the anticipation build for them as Christmas approached, loved sharing special family traditions with them, and then thoroughly enjoyed watching the excitement on their faces as they opened their presents! We both agree that Christmas is definitely more fun with kids!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

what cute Pics! It looks like you had a great christmas! I definitely agree that Christmas is way more fun with kids to spoil. I never thought it would be more fun on the parent end but it totally is!