This is what I expected to see when we went to Washington D.C. on the way to OBX - After all, we did arrive in time for the last weekend of the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
Unfortunately, the Cherry Blossoms had an early bloom this year, and we missed them by about a week. Darn! I was so disappointed! But we had a great time anyway!We arrived late Friday night at our hotel, The Capitol Hilton (yay Priceline!). What a great location, only two blocks from the White House!
Logan wated to check out the bed first thing!We were so excited to see everything, that we went out for a little walk that night.
.jpg)
I think we stayed out a little past Logan's bedtime!
.jpg)
I think we stayed out a little past Logan's bedtime!
In the morning, we went out to see the sights. .jpg)
We tried to teach Andrew about all the monuments and the people they stand for, but I think he got all monumented-out!
Andrew and Logan were good sports and posed for lots of pictures for us..jpg)
Logan was very upset that we wouldn't let him swim in the Reflection Pool.
We were able to see the National Cherry Blossom Festval Parade.
Underdog!!!
We all got a kick out of the 3-D IMAX show at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum..jpg)
What a great city!
6 comments:
I love the picture of you "holding" the Washington Monument...very fun!
Fun pictures Summer! It brings back not so distant good memories. I know it gets hard with husbands busy work loads to make time for things like this- but I look at all the pictures and know that the memories and bonds that are made are totally priceless. (yeah- that sounded a little like a master card commercial. You get my point!)
Well despite missing the blossoms, it looks like you guys had a great time. I love it when you have some time to get away and experience new things as a family, it seems to happen less and less for us these days.
Sorry, I'm signed in as Travis again by accident. Amanda
What a fun trip, you guys are just tracking the globe lately! D.C. is so much fun. Cute pictures! Sorry about the car from your earlier post, at least everyone is okay!
Looks like you all had a blast! Your family is adorable and I love the pics with the 3d glasses hehehe.
Post a Comment