Yesterday, we were waiting in line at the grocery store when Logan turned to the lady behind us and said, "We got grapes." The lady politely smiled and nodded her head.
A minute later, he turned to her again. "We have a baby sister. Her name's Baby Hannah."
"Oh," the woman relplied. Logan could tell she was going to be a tough audience.
He thought for a moment then held up his hand out in front of him, fingers spread, "Look at my hand. It's a grown-up hand!" That time he got a chuckle out of her.
I guess he didn't get quite the reaction he was hoping for, so he sat down on the floor, took off his shoes, and raised both feet up in the air. "Look at these feet!" he exclaimed, "They're grown-up feet!"
That did it! The woman (and everyone else in line) was laughing out loud. He was pretty proud of himself and laughed along, still on the floor with his legs in the air, basking in the attention.
When I finally got him off the floor and out the door, he said, "OH! I forgot to tell them about my owie!"
8 comments:
Why did he say he has grown up hands and feet?
He is so funny. What a kid!!!!! I can hardly wait for you guys to come home. Can't you come sooner? Please??????
Hilarious gotta love it.
That is so funny! Megan does the same thing with strangers. I wonder why kids feel the need to share weird information with strangers.
Some where out there is a woman blogging about the little boy in the store that was bragging about his little sister, his grown-up hand and his feet.
how funny! I would have been laughing too! You have to have a comedian in every family though...
Jaden and i love the water pics! i can't wait to see Logan again someday AND Hannah for the 1st time, Andrew!
your little Logan and his latest wounds is going to be a legend! Isaac & Jamie Macfarlane were over here last night for a moment, as we were watching their 2 girls while they went on an anniversary date (we live Kinda by each other)! anyway, Russ and i had already mentioned that Logan had 17wasp bites, as the last time we were with them Jaden was bitten on his knee! i was showing Jamie your blog as she has no computer at home and had never seen it! she loved how cute your kiddos! they couldn't believe the owies that Logan has had, and how he was smiling about his shaving job!
That's really cute. It's always nice when someone is noticing your kid for something sweet their doing instead of something obnoxious. I love that feeling when one of my kids has done something really cute, sweet, funny, whatever, and gotten a good response. You can leave thinking "those people in there think I am doing a good job raising these delightful children". And there are those times when your child does something not so favorable and you have to quickly walk out with your head hanging down. Logan is such a sweetheart, I'm sure you have never experienced those moments before.
I love how the kids don't hold anything back. Reagan is the same way. She would tell the clerks first thing, My name is Reagan, my mom is Michelle and my dad is Scott. I think they knew more than they wanted in the first minute of conversation with her.
Post a Comment