Hannah and her boyfriend, Hudson.
It was no surprise that the boys wanted to dress as their favorite Star Wars characters. Darth Vader was an easy costume to find, but R2-D2 took a little more creativity. A few weeks ago, we found this little plastic domed garbage can and thought, hey, we might be able to use this!
Bryan cut out the bottom and made arm holes in the sides and spray painted the top silver and the bottom white. Then, using an R2-D2 toy as a model, he drew and painted the markings. Finally, he used his little blow-torch to burn battle wounds into the body. Great job, Babe!
We were intending to dress Hannah as Princess Leia to complete the Star Wars theme, but to save money, we ended up dressing her in the Eeyore costume that Andrew wore on his first Halloween. She made a pretty cute Eeyore, I think.
The force is strong with this one!
Andrew really enjoyed trick-or-treating with his best friend, Noah, who dressed as Luke Skywalker. Luke, I am your father!
Logan was a little slower and stuck closely to his Daddy. After every house he said, "I want MO candy!"
I have really loved Halloween the last six years; kids make it so fun! I love the excitement they have for their costumes, and how they seem to stand a little taller the moment they put them on. I love seeing their energy as they run from house to house and their smiles as they examine their loot! I love the warm feeling of community as neighbors, who may have never met before, literally rub shoulders and share a laugh on the sidewalks.
I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father allows us joy and even FUN in this life! "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"

6 comments:
What cute kids! I can't wait to go trick or treating with them next year! We are still planning on comming for Halloween in 2009. Blaine and Baby will have so much fun! Great job on R2-D2 Bryan! And we always thought Summer was the crafty one!
The kids looked great! Hannah was an adorable eyore. The weather was awesome... I took off my sweatshirt and wore a t-shirt. Whoda thought?! Good times.
ahh. Halloween costumes! you guys did good!
Jaden and Ashlyn saw this last picture of Logan eating candy and based on that picture are worried he did not get enough candy!!! :)
What a sweet post. That is so true, this life is to be enjoyed. And I love too how you get to meet all these neighbors that you have never seen before. Everyone is so happy on Halloween. Your munchkins are all so cute. YOu guys did a great job on their costumes!
What cute costumes. Looks like you guys had a blast. Reagan also got way too much candy
That R2D2 costume is incredible!
Post a Comment