Friday, November 7, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys

This year, a few friends and I organized a co-op preschool for our energetic three-year-old boys. It's nothing fancy; just once a week for two hours, to give our little men some social interaction and an intro to a preschool setting. We usually do some circle time (letter, color, shape of the day, weather, and show-and-tell), story time, snack, a short lesson, and an even shorter craft (the boys aren't into crafty details, I've learned). The rest of the time free play time. The boys really seem to get a kick out of it. Logan feels so big bringing his backpack to school just like Andrew.

This week was my turn to teach preschool at our house. We learned about camping. The boys especially loved their mini flashlights and playing in the "tent."

Wesley, Gavin, Logan, and Brigham

The camping fun didn't last too long though. Soon the flashlights became...you guessed it...LIGHTSABERS, and the tent became the Rebel base! BOYS!!!

A few weeks ago, during our apple unit, we took a preschool field trip to Eddy's Fruit Farm to pick apples.

Logan had a great time picking his own apples and filling his bag with many different varieties. We went home with plenty to make yummy Crockpot Applesauce and a few batches of Apple Pumpkin Muffins!

2 comments:

Deniene said...

Wow you are fantastic mother! your kids are SO blessed!

Lisa said...

Hi Summer! So, I'm finally getting into the commenting on other's blogs. I love our little preschool!