Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sweet Baby Body

Hannah is growing up so fast! During the last three weeks here in Utah, she has started clapping her hands, waving, and occasionally standing (briefly) on her own. She also has loved toddling around Nana's house assisted by the little walker that used to be Andrew's. It won't be long before she's walking on her own and then running, so her sweet chubby baby body probably won't be around much longer. My friend put it best when she said, "This is the only time in a girl's life when a pot belly and thunder thighs are the cutest thing ever!"

Last weekend, at a swap meet in Las Vegas with Bryan's family, I saw the most adorable little pink boots for Hannah. They were soft and fur-lined with cute little flowers on them. I was so excited! I found Hannah's size and slipped them on her foot (not an easy task, because she has thick feet that she clenches in a ball whenever I try to put shoes on her!) They fit perfectly on her foot, but there was no way I could get the zipper up around her cute chunky ankles (cankles!) I even tried the next size up, hoping that I would have better luck with the zipper, but to no avail! The owner of the shoe booth watching us smiled and laughed, "Ahh, GORDITA!"
I love that sweet baby body!

3 comments:

Rammells said...

You're in Utah? The gang is getting together at Anne's house for a party the day after Christmas, around 6. COME!

Lane family said...

Oh my roly poly knees! LOVE em!

The Johnson Fam said...

Oh my helk! I wish I could just jump through those pictures and squeeze those legs! How cute can she get??? Honestly. Love that post!