From Wikipedia: "TIE fighters are fictional starfighters in the Star Wars universe. Propelled by Twin Ion Engines (hence the TIE acronym), TIE fighters are depicted as fast, fragile starfighters produced by Sienar Fleet Systems for the Galactic Empire."
Whew! I feel geekier already!
I made mini bundt cakes and drizzled them in vanilla frosting, then topped each with an Oreo, decorated as the window and piped vanilla frosting stars around the window.
Nana covered graham crackers in chololate and trimmed them to the shape of the wings. The wings were then attached to the ship cockpits with vanilla rolled wafer cookies (Pirouettes).
Look at all the chocolate covered scraps! DARN! Someone's going to have to eat those!
Here's our little fleet of fully edible TIE Fighters. What Jedi wouldn't love to devour one of these?
Nana dipped some pretzels in red and blue chocolate for awesome "lightsabers" for the guests to take home.
6 comments:
Sheesh Summer. Your making people (ie me) look bad. You should hire yourself out. I am NOT showing my kids this post.
Oh my goodness! My boys would go NUTS with a birthday party like this. I'm definitely going to be stealing this idea! Love the cakes btw.
WOW! I bet this was an amazing party, those treats are incredible. You are super creative, Im jealous. I hope Andrew had a fantastic birthday!
You are amazing! So creative! I can only Imagine how much work was put into those cakes!
You are one dedicated mom! I highly doubt I would ever go to that much work for my kids' birthday cake(s). Good for you! Good thing your mom was there to help. Can't believe how big Andrew is now!
You are amazing! Those cakes and lightsabers are so cool!!!!
Post a Comment