Monday, February 9, 2009

College...or No College?

Andrew and I had a very important discussion about his future today over breakfast:

Andrew: "Mom, how much does college cost?"

Summer: "It's pretty expensive. When Mommy and Daddy went to college at Weber State, it was about $2500 a year. But that's a pretty cheap college and it will be much more expensive when you go to college. Daddy's medical school was about $20,000 a year."

Andrew: (eyes popping out of his head) "Do you think I could get a scholarship?"

Summer: "Sure! If you keep working hard and doing well in school like you do."

Andrew: (thinking for a moment) "Well, my plan is to be on Deal or No Deal before college. Winning the million dollars would definitely help!"

Yeah, we like watching Deal or no Deal at our house. I know it's old news, but it was so fun watching this girl win the million! The re-run of this episode was on TV the other night. Don't tell anyone, but I was seriously in tears because I was so happy for her! She's so stinkin' cute!

3 comments:

shauni said...

That's such a cute story,at least he is thinking about college! We love to play deal or no deal at Chuck E Cheese!

Lane family said...

That's quite the plan. I think he's thought out his college expenses more than Dale and I did!

Rachel said...

That is so funny! He's a smart kid. We love that show too. I am so sad because I still have yet to see the girl who won the million.