Thursday, March 19, 2009

They're So Cute...When They're Asleep!

Logan has to sleep with at least 10 stuffed animals every night. He calls them "my fwends." Infamous Kitty has been missing recently. Logan told me sadly, "I lost Kitty. He was my best fwend." Lately, he has insisted on sleeping in his "sports hat" too.

A little while ago, when we were painting the boys' bedroom, we moved Logan's toddler bed into the master bedroom so they could sleep while we painted. We told Andrew he could sleep in our bed, but when we peeked in to check on them, we found they came up with a different arrangement.

I often like to peek in on my kids after they've fallen asleep. They are so quiet and peaceful and I am reminded of their innocence. Sometimes I find something funny to laugh about and take pictures of, but more often it's a reflective time. Sometimes I feel sadness for how fast they are growing, and I feel regret for my shortcomings as a mother. But I always feel so much gratitude for the opportunity to be a mother and whisper a quick prayer of thanks to my Father in Heaven for trusting me with His sweetest spirits.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I love my kids A LOT, but I love them 100 times more when they are all cute and asleep! ;D

Deniene said...

Well said!

Rachel said...

That is so sweet Summer! I have to admit that is one of my favorite things too. I just love watching them sleep so peacefully and wondering what they are dreaming about. Carter has to sleep with a hundred toys and animals too! That is so funny. I usually hear at least one fall out of bed during the night.

Kellie said...

Ah! I wish Megan and Jeremy could sleep in the same bed and be all cute like that. For a long time my brother and I had to share a bed when we were kids. Until my mom noticed all the bruises on my legs--he was a sleep-kicker! Oh, and your bathroom! I can't wait to see what you pick out to remodel!