I made Logan's R2-D2 cake the night before, so it was a surprise for him when he woke up. First thing in the morning, Bryan had taken the kids downstairs to make them breakfast, and I was about to get in the shower, when Logan came running up the stairs shouting,
"MOM, MOM! THERE'S AN R2-D2 CAKE IN THE KITCHEN!!! COME SEE, COME SEE!"
He grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs and into the kitchen.
"SEE? SEE? AN R2-D2 CAKE!!!"
I've never seen anyone so excited for a cake! Seeing him like that made me forget all the stress and hair-pulling aggravation of the long night before. Then he sat down at the table and said, "I'm going to sit here so I can look at it." And then he just sat there and looked at his cake. Sweetest. Kid. Ever. I'll make a cake for you anyday, Buddy!
This was pretty much what the rest of the party looked like. We had planned to do other games (the same ones we did for Andrew's Star Wars party), but they were having so much fun with the balloons, that we just them them play.When the parents arrived, it was time for cake. I tried to get an action shot of Logan blowing out the candles on R2-D2, but of course, it turned out mega-blurry, so this is the best we have.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOGAN!!!
As I'm finishing this post, Logan is sitting on my lap saying, "We should do my party again, Mom!"
4 comments:
amazing!!!! you need to be on food network challenge :) My kids just saw the picture of the cake and are totally enamored. Carson just said he wants that for his NEXT birthday (i convinced him he still wants a fire cake for his birthday on monday, since it's 1/2 way done....)
That video is so funny-way to share the light sabers Bryan. The cake is amazing! I love Logan sitting there looking at the cake. So funny. I wish that I could have been there!
what the heck? how did i miss this post. i read the lawn mowing post and your saying goodbye to dear friends post awhile after that/today, but somehow missed this VERY COOL post! :)
That is one amazing cake!!!! WOW!! Jason saw it and asked if you'd make him one for his birthday, too... it's in February so it wouldn't be anytime soon. Is it all cake or are there some fake parts? That is incredible!
Post a Comment