Monday, December 7, 2009

Lake Farmpark Country Lights

The Country Lights at Lake Farmpark is one of those must-do things in Cleveland at Christmastime. You get to take a horse-drawn wagon ride, see LOTS and LOTS of Christmas lights, pet the farm animals, visit Santa, and make a toy one-on-one with an ELF! How cool is that?!We all enjoyed seeing the lights display from the wagon ride. Logan, who sat next to me kept saying, "I'm so excited! I'm so excited!"
After the wagon ride, we stopped in to the barn to see a horse show and visit the animals. The cows were pretty stinky, but we all loved the new baby piglets.
Hannah wasn't too thrilled to visit Santa. Logan asked for a remote control truck and Andrew asked for an ALARM CLOCK. Really. I'm not kidding. Santa had a pretty good chuckle about that.

Then we headed to Santa's Workshop where the kids were each assigned an elf to make a toy with.
Hannah helped make her Hummer.
Here are Andrew and Logan showing off their newly made F-16 jets.
Time to paint the toys! This is about where Hannah had a full blown meltdown in Santa's Workshop. Too much excitement for one night, I guess. Luckily, just then a whistle blew and it started "snowing" indoors! Hannah stopped mid-sob and just stared.
Once the toys were painted, glittered, and wrapped, we headed out to the van where Bryan surprised us with a big jug of hot cocoa! Just what we all needed!

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I remember going there last year and it was FREEZING! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love Hannah's face when she is sitting with Santa!

Rachel said...

My kids are so sad we can't go this year! We went every year in Cleveland. Looks like you guys had fun.

Tena said...

I wish this would have started earlier so that I could have come too. Oh well. Looks like tons of fun, and snow inside, pretty cool.