Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kids These Days!

Tonight, Bryan whipped up a delicious batch of hot fried scones for dessert. We don't make them very often, so of course, Andrew had to turn up his nose and ask what is in them. We told him that the dough is made from flour, sugar, baking soda, milk, and oil. Then you stretch the dough and deep fry it in oil. They are especially yummy topped with honey.

"Hmmm," Andrew said, "not very healthy." (This coming from the kid who complains at nearly every veggie I put in front of him!)

He then picked up the bottle of honey and examined the label. "So what's the deal with the honey? Did they put in any trans fat?"

WHAT?!!

7 comments:

The Johnson Fam said...

Ha ha ha! Did he try them and experience their delicousness? Scones are so dang good, maybe because they have such unhealhy ingredients. The best stuff always in the most unhealthy. Just seeing that picture makes me want to make Navajo tacos. I might have to make them this week!

Amy said...

Kids these days....;)

I'm with Mary...navajo taco's sound awesome!

Brittany Mecham said...

oh my gosh that is so funny!!! I swear kids hear and retain anything they ever hear, it is so funny!! i love the chocolate under logan's toenails!!

Kellie said...

Are you serious!? That is so funny! I love kids. . . .

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny! I think you have a future dietician on your hands! The scones look fabulous.

Janelle said...

Hahaha...that's funny!

Dane and Natalie said...

That made me laugh out loud sitting here by myself. I can totally see him saying that. I love that kid!