When I asked Andrew why he chose Obama, he answered quite simply, "The things he says are just more reasonable." It's so amazing (and sometimes frightening) to me how much of the "adult world" children soak up!
I wanted to take the time to record my feelings about this historic event. I really struggled with this election because I didn't really agree with either candidate on all issues. In the end, after praying and studying the issues, I chose Obama (I know, I'm a minority in my circle - please don't disown me, family and friends). But even if I had voted McCain, I think I still would have been impressed at the outcome, to see our country's first African-American President elected. It made me happy and proud to see how far our country has come. I was very touched by Obama's acceptance speech and even teared up a little when he said,
"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer."
2 comments:
Very cute, I love the picture. Is that the White House in the corner?
So how did Andrew vote on the other issues? :)
"He's just more reasonable"...I'm tellin' you, he cracks me up!
Post a Comment